“The jungle fighter symbolises where the corporate leader has been, the virtuoso in interpersonal skills is the corporate future”- Shoshona Zuboff – Harvard Business school
Contemporary effective Leadership covers a diverse range of skills and styles. Certainly coaching skills form an important component of contemporary leadership, as the skills of professional non-directive coaching form some of the core skills of emotionally intelligent leadership:–
- Listening, summarising and reflection
- Incisive questioning
- Challenging the status quo “the way we do things around here”
- Excellent at self-management and relationship management
- Empathetic style
- Getting to the heart of the matter,
- Encouraging Creativity and innovation
- Analysing and synthesising complex information quickly
- Raising people’s level of awareness and accountability
Of course leaders do more than this. Crucially, they create the vision for the organisation and through continual and effective communication and championing of their people, they influence people to buy into the vision and deliver the component parts. Today’s leaders need to be true enablers and visionaries, who work collaboratively to help others develop their leadership capabilities. This trend is reflected in the styles of leadership most referred to in contemporary organisational leadership; collaborative, transformational and visionary.
To develop leadership skills appropriate for the 21st century landscape, it is about really considering an individual’s habits and attitudes as well as their knowledge and skills sometimes referred to as the Kash model. This is what is meant by transformational coaching, or change, one that involves a fundamental shift in how the person perceives themselves, and one which means a sustainable improvement in the external habit or attitude.
“For leadership positions, emotional intelligence competencies account for up to 85% of what sets outstanding managers apart from the average.”- Daniel Goleman Working with Emotional Intelligence
Some reasons for engaging in a leadership programme
- Your organisation has experienced fast growth and you need to improve the leadership to “catch up” with the business growth
- Your organisation is about to embark on a period of major change and transformation, and the Leadership skills need to be “fit for purpose”
- You are engaging on collaborative working with another organisation(s) and want to ensure your leaders and teams utilise the right approach to maximise the success of the collaboration.
- Your organisation has decided to develop female leadership as a priority and deciding on the best approach and implementation is crucial to its overall success.
- You are a new organisation and recognise that investing in your leadership now is essential to maximising opportunities and long term success.
Ultimately, the choice is yours in terms of how you want to develop your leadership. We recognise that each organisation requires its own bespoke approach to leadership development. Emintell will work with you to assess your requirements in shaping a leadership programme most appropriate to your needs, organisational learning style, and resources. Coaching will form a crucial part of any leadership programme as this enables transformational self awareness and development to take place. It will also be blended with a number of other approaches listed below;
What we offer
- Executive Coaching including shadow coaching
- Bespoke 180 and 360 degree feedback
- Team Coaching and facilitation
- Mentoring and consultancy on setting up effective mentoring schemes
- Action Learning sets facilitation
- Visioning or re-visioning facilitation
- Appreciative enquiry facilitation
- Training workshops, building on the core range of Interpersonal and self-management skills.
- Coaching skills for leaders and managers 2 days
- Essential mentoring skills
- The emotionally intelligent leader 1 day
- The resilient manager 1 day
- Personal impact & Signature Presence 1 day
- Assertiveness skills 1 day
- Presentation skills 1 day
- Handling challenging conversations 1 day
Please contact Emintell for more details 07740 188031
“Don’t be trapped by dogma, which is the result of other peoples thinking – don’t let the noise of others opinions drown out your inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. “– Steve Jobs – Apple CEO 2005